How to Apply Primer
How to Apply Primer
Primer is basically the “one and only” product which can help your makeup last long, and trust me it is a wonder product for oily and combination skinned beauties. But many women actually fret about using it. I mean I personally had doubts on how this gel like substance would help the makeup stay on for longer hours and how does one apply it. :P So here is my post answering the same question of lot of women, how to apply primer.
What does a primer do?
It basically prepares your face for applying makeup. It is something which helps the makeup to cling up making the skin smoother and even. It helps the base makeup or makeup in general from smearing, fading or creasing.
• Smoothens the skin.
• Evens it out.
• Provides flawless base for makeup.
• Hides skin imperfections.
• Makes the makeup last longer.
• Keeps the shine away.
• Controls oil.
• Fills wrinkles and fine lines.
• Disguises large pores.
• Keeps the pores from clogging.
• Enables blending and mixing easy.
Who should use a primer?
There is no hard and fast rule that only oilies or women with a combination skin type should use a it. Even women with a dry skin type can use a primer for making their makeup stay on longer. Women with sensitive and acne prone skin can also use a primer since it evens it out and reduces inflammation.
How to apply primer?
• Firstly cleanse your face; it needs to be applied on a squeaky clean face.
• Then moisturize your face and let it penetrate completely.
• Primer application should be between moisturization and foundation routine.
• Now use your fingers or a damp sponge for applying it. Blend it with your fingers or sponge.
• You can apply primer on your whole face or only at the areas where the makeup tends to crease and smear.
• Now let it dry and settle down. Then go ahead with your concealer or foundation followed by concealer.
Tip: Sponges are apparently great for primer application.
Hope this post was useful for you guys, please let me know what primers you use? You use the same for your eyes and face or different?
You would also like to read:
Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
ELF Mineral Eye Shadow Primer
ELF Studio Eye Primer and Liner Sealer
NYX Studio Perfect Primer
ELF Studio Lip Primer and Plumper
L’oreal Paris Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer
Skin Primer : Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer
ELF Mineral Infused Face Primer
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
BH Cosmetics Foundation Primer
MAC Prep and Prime Vibrancy Eye Primer
BH Cosmetics Eye and Lip Primer
Laura Mercier Foundation Primer