How to choose a foundation
How to choose a foundation
I hope you all are doing great. I have a little allergy and irritation in my eye, which is keeping me away from my laptop. Anyways, the festive and marriage season has just begun all over the globe. So shopping is kind of mandatory with everyone, but it’s a bit special when it comes to shopping and women, women have to begin it with makeup shopping. Isn’t it? So here’s my article on how to choose a foundation since this is a basic pick for every women with makeup ramblings.
• To start off with, if you are a newbie or ascertain on what kind of foundation will suit your budget and your skin, hop in for a drugstore brand. Trust me you would find gorgeous picks in the drugstore, sometimes even better than those in the departmental stores. Or if you have a nice budget and also seek a professional finish go to your nearest departmental store, which can lend you a helping hand in finding the right one.
• Talk to the sales assistants. Tell them about all your skin problems, allergies and other conditions. This will help them find out the best pick for your skin, this will also let them assure your skin type.
• You must choose the coverage you need. If you need for everyday use, go for a sheer coverage, if you have blotches and marks step it up.
• If you are at a drugstore, do not panic when you are picking a foundation. Pick an oil free one for oily skin type and a moisturizing one for a dry skin type. Do not forget to take your friends or relatives along so that they give you honest opinions about the it when applied. The texture of the foundation you choose also depends on your skin types.
• Testing a foundation is possibly the toughest part. I mean finding your exact match is kind of tricky. You can test it on your wrist or preferably the jaw line. It should disappear on your skin. If it does it’s your ideal match. Or here’s an easy trick, take the tester bottles and hold it at your neck in natural light. To choose the right color judge the undertone of your skin is it cool, warm or brown tone. Pick a pink toned one for cool, yellow or peach tone for a warmer skin tone. Now for the “light” test. Check the shade in different lightings. Natural light, yellow lights and even the white lights.
• Always buy 2 foundations for yourself. One for the summers and one for the winters. Skin tends to change its color in changing seasons, the skin bronzes in the summer while it gets paler in winters.
My quick picks for foundations:
The Body Shop Extra Virgin Mineral Foundation
Mac Prolong Wear Foundation
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation
Revlon Photoready Foundation
How To Choose Foundation Shade for Skin
MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Review
Lancome Teint Miracle Review
Revlon ColorStay Mineral Review
Clinique Foundation Review- Superfit Makeup
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Review
Revlon Photo Ready Powder, Concealer, Compact Makeup
MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Review
MAC Select SPF 15 Review
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Review
Shiseido The Makeup Dual Balancing Review, FOTD
L’oreal True Match Roll On Review
LA Colors Mystic Foundation/ Concealer Stick
Bourjois Paris 10 Hour Sleep Effect Review
Maxfactor Natural Minerals Review
Lancome Oscillation Power Review