Max Factor Eyebrow Pencil in 1 Ebony- Review and Swatches
Eyebrows play a very important role in accentuating and enhancing the other facial features. And the eye makeup simply stands incomplete without grooming the eyebrows. I have thick and dense eyebrow, which is quiet, a boon as well as ban. Boon because I can possibly get any shade of eyebrow sculpted in the world on my forehead, ban since they are thick and act wildly at times that is if left un-groomed. I make it a point to massage my brows and lashes with olive oil or almond oil before I go to sleep for that extra conditioning and growth. Today I’d be reviewing the Max Factor Eyebrow Pencil in 1 Ebony for you all, which is my second weapon for grooming my eyebrows after the essential and natural oils.
This pencil was bought by dad from Qatar, a year ago I guess and trust me, I haven’t used any other eyebrow pencil since then. I mean when you are satisfied with one product you do not tend to try or buy others and I am more than satisfied with this product.
No make-up look is complete without neatly defined eyebrows; ask any make-up artist and they’ll tell you just how important it is! The secret is to make it look as natural as possible, which is why this brow pencil is ideal. The brush applicator subtly grooms and perfectly defines your brows. Even over plucked brows will look naturally fuller and thicker!
Adds colour and shape definition to eyebrows.
The pencil defines clearly without pulling or scratching the brow. Use the brush applicator to give the brows a natural groomed look.
Reason to believe:
The texture of the eyebrow pencil is firm yet soft. Gives colour and definition to brows – a perfect frame to accentuate eyes.
Works well with:
Earth Spirits EyeShadow
Hydrogenated Palm KernellGlycerides, Hydrogenated VegetableiOil, Hydrogenated PalmiGlycerides, Synthetic Beeswax,lCopernicia Cerifera Waxi(Carnauba), Hydroxylated Lanolin,iPropylparaben, Tocopherol, AscorbyliPalmitate, Lecithin, GlyceryllStearate, Glyceryl Oleate,lCitric Acid, Mica.iMay contain: CIi77491, CI 77499,iCI 77492, CIi77000, CI 42090,iCI 77007, CIl77742, CI 77289,iCI 77288, CIi77891, CI 19140,iCI 77163, CIl77510, CI 75470.
Price and availability:
I saw them at Debenhams, Sahara Center, Sharjah for 30-35 AED.
7 according to the website, but I could see only a hazel and an ebony one at the counter.
My thoughts on the Max Factor Eyebrow Pencil in 1 Ebony:
This was my first ever eyebrow pencil, I never thought of using one unless I got this since I thought that having thick brows is enough to look pretty. :P But when I used this I got to know how much of a difference filling the brows makes. It gives your face and aptly the eyes a polished look and I think also enhances the complexion. I have the shade 1 Ebony which isn’t a charcoal jet black, but a little grayish black, I feel the thick black filling for the brows makes it appear so fake and not at all pleasing. I prefer grayish blacks or even chocolate browns for brow filling. The shade is perfect for medium to fair toned ladies.
Why should you buy the Max Factor Eyebrow Pencil in 1 Ebony:
• If you are picking up your first eye brow product, it has to be this one. It’s great for amateur make up users.
• The price is nice; I mean good enough for a brow pencil.
• The pencil is long enough to last you a while, it measures the length of a small scale i.e around 6 inches I guess.
• I have been using the pencil for a year now, but I have hardly sharpened it I guess, and it will last me for a year or 2 more.
• The colors available are the only colors needed I guess a grayish black and a thick brown for brow filling. But they do have choices.
• The color is pigmented enough; you need not rub the pencil onto your brows to get the color.
• It doesn’t smell funny or gross, it’s just neutral.
• The pencil is creamy and glides on easily, but not as creamy that it would mess up your brows with blots of color. It does not tug or pull.
• The pencil is hard enough for sharpening. It doesn’t give you a tough time with sharpening.
• You can use a normal cosmetic sharpener for this pencil, you need not hunt for sharpeners.
• It looks very natural. One swipe gives a natural brow filling color whereas repeated swipes can give you a thicker color.
• It does not bleed, or smudge. Cosmetics tend to do that in Dubai Heat. :P
• The brush on the cap is pretty helpful in grooming the brows.
• The color stays on like for the whole days, it so happens that the brows tend to get lighter as the day passes since you wipe you face or sweat, this one sits right there on the brows.
Why should you skip the Max Factor Eyebrow Pencil in 1 Ebony:
• If you want another shade from grayish black and brown you may skip this one, since I couldn’t find other colors on the Debenhams, Max Factor counter.
Overall, I love this brow pencil. It is great for everyday use and also does its job precisely. I do not think I will be switching on to any other pencil any soon.
You would also like to read:
Maxfactor Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation in Creamy Ivory 40 Review and photos
Maxfactor Natural Minerals foundation Review
Max Factor Colour Adapt Foundation Review, Swatches
MaxFactor Age Renew Foundation Review
MaxFactor Vibrant Curve Effect Lip Gloss #14 Majeste Review