NYX Eyeshadow Base Review
NYX Eyeshadow Base Review
Eyeshadows play a very important part in our makeup, they can certainly make or break the whole look. Eyeshadows have various textures and finishes and each of the eyshadow varies on its longevity and staying power, but there has to be a common product for all the various textured eyeshadows which can provide a flawless finish to them, makes them vibrant and also increase their staying power and then come NYX Eyeshadow Base.
Maximize the intensity, longevity and unashamed brilliance of your eye shadow statements with our eye shadow primer pots. Each of the three NYX Eye Shadow Bases—for vibrant, pearl or neutral tones—creates a smooth canvas for color, increases its durability and prevents fallout.
Price, quantity and availability:
NYX Eyeshadow Base is retailed at 32AED at every NYX counters across UAE. I bought mine from Lifestyle, Sahara Center, Sharjah. You get 7g of the NYX Eyeshadow Base in the jar.
Ingredients of the NYX Eyeshadow Base :
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Silica (and) Methicone, Nylon-66, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Ceresin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Polyethylene, Fragrance, Butylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, and B.H.T. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891),Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499), or Mica ( CI 77019).
ESB501 WHITE, ESB501 WHITE PEARL, ESB03 SKIN TONE
My thoughts on the NYX Eyeshadow Base:
I bought the NYX Eyeshadow Base about 10 days ago, I desperately wanted a good eyeshadow base for my bright eyeshadows which looked gorgeous on the pan but the concealer and loose powder setting didn’t do any justice to their pigmentation and vibrancy when applied. I was planning on picking an Artdeco one, but then I wanted to try NYX Eyeshadow Base since a long long time and one thing led to another and I ended up picking some beautiful products from Lifestyle. (I am a good girl so didn’t share my haul with you all, I didn’t wanted to make you all envious). I picked the NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone, but I am surely picking up either of the white ones or may be both for my vibrant and cool toned eyeshadows and the shimmery ones too.
Why should you BUY the NYX Eyeshadow Base:
• I found the NYX Eyeshadow Base is quiet affordable , I mean the Artdeco eyeshadow base is priced at 45 AED and the other brands also retails eyeshadow bases on a price more than that of the NYX Eyeshadow Base.
• The quantity is good enough for the price.
• You do not need a lot of the product to base your eyeshadow, so one tub of the NYX Eyeshadow Base will last you long.
• There are 3 shades available; these shades are all you need as bases for all skin tones and skin types.
• I picked the ESB 03 Skin tone shade since I wanted to try out the NYX eyeshadow bases and I wanted a base for regular use, for my regular nude and matte everyday colors hence I opted for the “Skin Tone” shade. It’s great for the browns and grays which you work with on daily basis.
• By saying good for daily use eyeshadow base, I do not mean this does not work for the vibrant and bright colors. :)
• The texture of the NYX Eyeshadow Base is extremely creamy and soft, which enables you to spread it over the lid smoothly. Also if you have dark lids, or pigmented lids, this gives you are complete opaque coverage, plus reduces concealer from your base makeup routine.
• It not just works beautifully as a base but also as a concealer. You can use it for spot concealing if you are medium to wheatish.
• The NYX Eyeshadow Base provides a smooth canvas for working out the eyeshadows on the lids.
• The NYX Eyeshadow Base makes the colors look more vibrant and pigmented giving them depth.
• It makes the colors stay on a longer period of time, I wore my regular formal makeup with a pop of orange lips yesterday to the Dubai Fashion Week Event, I headed out at around 11 and got back 5, my whole face seemed faded, except for the eyes.
• It prevents creasing or feathering of the eyeshadows.
• It makes the eyeshadows stick together.
• Sweat, heat or water, everything is acceptable when you have your NYX Eyeshadow Base on. The colors will just stay as they were when you applied them.
• It is perfume free.
Why should you SKIP the NYX Eyeshadow Base:
• The NYX Eyeshadow Base comes in a tub like most of the eyeshadow bases, so if you do not like the tub packaging, or you do not like dipping your fingers in the pot, avoid it. But I feel this con can be ignored easily since you can always use a tool to scrape of a little bit of product and use it.
• The availability can be an issue; it’s mostly out of stock and you have to hunt down NYX counters.
The NYX Eyeshadow Base is a MUST have in every vanity case.SERIOUSLY. You would fall in love with your existing eyeshadows all over again when you use the NYX Eyeshadow Base as a base. As I said before I am picking up both the other shades,for my shimmery and cool eyeshadows colors.
You would also like to read:
NYX Concealer in a Jar – Orange and Yellow Review
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean
NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Boho Chic Review
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Antwerp, Addis Ababa Photos, Swatches
NYX Box of Smokey Look Collection (S114) Review
NYX Rouge Cream Blush Review – Natural
NYX Slim Lip Liner Pencil in Natural and Hot Red Review
NYX Doll Eye Mascara Volume Review
Bourjois Single Eyeshadow + Bourjois Foundation Photos/ Swatches
Inglot Eye Shadow Freedom System & My Palette
MAC Short Shorts Eyeshadow Review, Swatch
Bourjois Eyeshadow 08 Beige Rose Review, Swatch