Perfect Maroon Lip Color : Diana Matic Lipstick Review
Winter/Autumn certainly reminds us of pastel shades, dark and deep colors, isn’t it? For me autumn/winter/fall began a while ago. I have been hoarding on some wine , maroons and reds for a while. I see any lipstick in this color range and I have to pick it up. :) Today I will be reviewing one such lip color, Diana Matic Lipstick in Banoo by Diana of London.
Smooth to apply and gives a soft finish. It contains a blend of moisture and vitamin-‘E” to help protect the lips against dryness.
For a perfect finish, outline your lips with Diana lip liner selecting a shade similar to the lipstick shade chosen, and fill in with Diana matic lipstick
Banoo, Sona, Ruby, Best Star, Safoo, Pastel Rose
Price, quantity and availability:
The Diana Matic Lipstick in Banoo by Diana of London retails at 29AED, but I bought it for 20AED from Burjuman during the Dubai Beauty Week. The lipstick has 2.5 gms of the product.
My thoughts on the Diana Matic Lipstick in Banoo by Diana of London:
Well, actually this was my mother’s pick she is a “dark lipstick” lady any day. When she swatched it at the counter, I was like “ooooooo that’s a deep dark color”. I wasn’t really sure that I would wear it ANY DAY, but when I got home, I tried it out and I was like “WOW that’s a true gorgeous shade”. :P I did really bother to check out other shades available in this range but yes the website shows some nice pleasing shades.
The color Banoo, is a deep young wine color. It has certain pigments which make the lipcolor look very young, I mean there are certain shades in the maroon category which kind of look good on the middle aged or mature women, this one is truly an exception. Its an apt bridal shade for the upcoming bridal season.
Why should you BUY Diana Matic Lipstick in Banoo by Diana of London:
• The price is nice, apt for the product quality and quantity.
• The texture of the lipstick is creamy, glides on smoothly.
• The color is gorgeously pigmented. nOne swipe is more than enough to give you a nice sway of color.
• The color Banoo is a perfect fall color. It is deep and dark wine maroon shade which certainly looks so warm for the pale winters and falls.
• Has a matte finish but the lipstick is moisturizing, keeps my lips soft and supple.
• The staying power is good; it lasts for around 5-6 hours without touchups.
• Has a soothing vanilla scent. I like scented lipsticks.
• It has UV Filters and Vitamin E which is great.
• Doesn’t have parabens.
• The color is buildable from a delicate cool maroon wash of color to something which is bold, deep and warm.
Why should you SKIP Diana Matic Lipstick in Banoo by Diana of London:
• It is a tad drying, I guess it’s due to its long staying power claim.
• The lipstick may finish up soon, since it is uber creamy.
• People who do not like scented lipsticks may hate it since it has a sweet vanilla scent which can be overpowering at times and to delicate noses.
• The color selection is meager. I mean there are only 6 shades.
• The packaging is ok-ish.
Well, this was my first purchase from Diana of London, and I am pleased with the purchase. I am not really picking up any more lipsticks from this range since the color range doesn’t allow me too, but yes I may try some of their other lipsticks. It is a nice drugstore lipstick, and worth a try.
You would also like to read:
MAC Cosmo Review, Swatches, FOTD
Coral Lipstick : Maybelline Crushed Cranberry vs Avon Cool Coral
Maybelline Moisture Extreme Caramel Cream Review
Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Plump Perfect Lipstick Review
Revlon Colorburst Peach
MAC Midi Mauve Review, Swatches, FOTD
Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Sugar Honey Review, Swatches
Types of Lipsticks
5 Chanel Rouge Coco Mademoiselle Dupes
Maybelline Swatches : Watershine, Moisture Extreme, Color Sensational
MAC Chili Review