Red Earth eyeshadow in Ginger Bread- Review and Swatches
A woman can never have enough eyeshadows, and lipsticks and blushes. Errr, alright to sum it up “A woman can never have enough make up”, now it sounds better. I bought the Red Earth eyeshadow in Ginger Bread on my recent visit to Deira City Center.
Red Earth cosmetics is a new Italian brand, they have awesome reasonable make up. I saw one of their counters at Sahara Center, Sharjah and a store at Deira City Center. I have been seriously addicted to this shade; I have been using it every single day ever since I bought it with a variety of color combinations. Now let’s cut things short and get to the review.
Beauty Pro Eyeshadow (that’s all given on the packaging, I refer this as to, the best quality make up which can be used at the professional level)
Talc, mica, octyldodecyl, stearoyl stearate, dimethicone, nylon-12, methylparaben, propylparaben, dehydroacetic acid, butylparaben, octyldodecanol, [+/- (may contain): carmine )CI 75470), Ultramarines ( CI 77007), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Manganese violet (CI 77742), Titanium dioxide (CI 77891)
Price, quantity and availability:
I bought the Red Earth eyeshadow in Ginger Bread for 21 AED from Red Heart store. The pan has 1.5g of the product.
There is an excellent assortment of colors, from shimmery colors, to nude and matte ones. There are satiny finishes, pearly finishes and matte ones. :) There are not a lot of colors to choose from, but the colors available are gorgeous and worth a try.
The Red Earth eyeshadow in Ginger Bread comes in a very classy silver and transparent packaging. The case has the metal eyeshadow pan embedded in it, with a little mirror. I loved their packaging.
My thoughts on the Earth eyeshadow in Ginger Bread:
I once checked out Red Earth’s corally peach colored lipgloss, at Lifestyle, Sahara Center, Sharjah, that's how I stumbled on the brand.I completely fell for it, since it was the exact dupe for the equally priced Revlon’s colorburst lipgloss in Papaya. I wanted to go for it, but then I had some double thoughts on it, so gave up the idea. Now I regret, I mean it looked yummy-ly delicious, and when I swatched it, it had an awesome texture too. When I saw a Red Earth store at Deira City Center, I was delighted. I went ahead and checked out their products, they had some offers going on, like lipglosses and nail enamels were on a heavy discount of 11AED each and their other stuff lip lip colors, blushes, concealers, primers, foundations and eyeshadows were too good for the prices they are retailed for. I was really impressed with their concealer palette, it was a little one, but had a lot of useful stuff compacted in it. I tried out a lot of their products but finally settled at the Earth eyeshadow in Ginger Bread. When I initially swatches the color, I almost got a rich bridal feel, I mean those goldens came into picture which are signified for something which is rich and elegant. It’s a total bridal color.Although the color is a golden brown, I feel it has a more of gold to it. Shimmery golden brown color. The eyshadows come in different textures, matte, satiny and pearlscent. Some of these eyeshadows have shimmer to them too. But not a lot of them.
Why should you buy the Earth eyeshadow in Ginger Bread:
• The price will get you hooked up to the cosmetics from this brand.
• The packaging is to die for; it’s so cute and classy at the same time.
• The quantity of the product is too good for the price.
• Very handy to carry along.
• The color selections for the eyeshadows are meager for the time being, but every eyeshadow is worth a pick, trust me. I am currently having horrifying dreams, with all the shadows screaming “take us away”. :P
• The texture of Earth eyeshadow in Ginger Bread is super satiny, it doesn’t have shimmer, but it is gorgeously sheeny and shiny.
• The eyeshadow is crazily pigmented. I am serious here, all the eyeshadows are gorgeously pigmented.
• The eyeshadow blends beautifully with other colors. You do not have to work hard for blending it.
• It is great for lighting up your inner corners of the eyes, near the tear duct.
• It does not smudge or crease.
• You actually do not need a base for the color to show up. The base only proffers a good staying power of the eyeshadow and avoids creasing.
• The color only brightens up with a base.
• The color may fade gracefully without a base over hours, but it does not crease at any cost.
• The staying power with a base is commendable.
• A very little product is needed, since they are pigmented enough.
• I found the mirror in the casing too cute and very well thought off. This is my first eyeshadow with a mirror embedded.
• It is one of those safe golden-browns which can be worn anyways and it will still look gorgeous. Like you have it all over your lid, and a liner with some mascara does the job or, blend it with some rich colors for double hued eyes. It’s like you can wear to work or wear to a party kind of a color.
Why should you skip the Earth eyeshadow in Ginger Bread:
• If you don’t like satiny colors. (Which I doubt, I would see even one hand raised at).
• Availability is an issue, I have not seen Red Earth cosmetics commonly, I came across just 2 places where I could find it.
Need I say? I am in love with this eyeshadow. It’s a gorgeous addition to my collection. I am definitely checking out a few more textures and colors from Red Earth cosmetics and also the concealer palette.
You would also like to read:
Golden Brown Eye Makeup Tutorial
MAC Soft Brown Eyeshadow Review, Swatches
Colorbar Eye Shadow Brownie # 17 Review, Look, Swatches
Miss Claire Eyeshadow Part 2 : 0230, 0951 Review, Swatches
How would you use NYX Honey Comb Eyeshadow Trio? Ask IMBB
Estee Lauder Extravagant Gold Eyeshadow Palette Review, EOTD, Swatches
L’oreal Paris – Color Appeal Trio Pro Eye Shadow Review & Tutorial
MAC Tartan Tale Eyeshadow Palette, Face Kit, Lip Kit Photos, Swatches
Red black Smokey Eyes Tutorial
Shimmery Grey Black Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial
Dark Blue Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial
Dark Green Copper Eye Makeup Look
Green Eye Makeup- Tutorial
Neutral Eye Make Up- Tutorial